Thinking of doing some preventive maintenance on your roof? That is normally the best way to deal with an issue, stop it from happening.
Roof life is directly related to how often it is inspected and how quickly small problems are identified & repaired. Periodic maintenance is vital to a long & healthy roof life!
The federal government, the largest building owner in the United States, found their average roof lasted less than 5 years before leakage and less than 8 years before replacement.
NRCA study showed that 35 percent of all roofs do not reach their life expectancy. Of the causes identified with premature roof failure 47% is due to poor workmanship, 16% to poor design, 9% each to faulty materials and weathering, 8% each to trapped moisture or mechanical damage and 3% to roof traffic.
If you don’t have a formalized inspection & maintenance program to identify and repair roof problems, how long do you think your roof will last?
Affordable Roofing’s goal is to educate owners and building managers to the fact that programmed roof maintenance makes economic sense. A roof inspected semi-annually can last as much as 50% longer than one that is visited only when there is a leak.
Affordable’s Roof Maintenance & Inspection Program
The maintenance and inspection documentation we provide gives you with a written history of repairs, a projected life expectancy, and clear budget numbers for future expenditures. Giving you the knowledge and control over your budget. It protects your asset and provides retained value for your home or building.
What the Affordable Maintenance Program can do for you:
- Detection and repair of minor problems that could lead to major problems, expense and inconvenience.
- Aids in the prevention of most premature roof failures.
- Keeps roofs in maintainable condition.
- Increases life span of roofs.
- Provides immediate emergency repairs in the event of storm damage, break-ins, etc.
- Reduces downtime caused by leaks.
- Reduces inventory damage.
- Reduces equipment damage.
- Reduces tenant complaints.
- Provides information for budgeting of maintenance costs & replacement capital.
- Provides information about roof abuse and what may be responsible.
- Provides semi-annual reports of roof condition and early warning of conditions that may affect roof integrity, such as:
- Air conditioning equipment
- Duct work
- Blisters and Splits
- Stress Movement
- Electrical conduit
- Process Piping
- Mechanical equipment
- Antennas and guy wires
- Drainage systems (i.e., clogged drains or downspouts)
- Cracking of walls
- Leaks from caulking
- & More
Affordable Roofing has 35+ years experience in installing, inspecting, specifying and repairing roofs.
Doesn’t it make sense to schedule your roof maintenance inspection?
CALL US TODAY AT 630 898 3230 OR — USE OUR ONLINE CONTACT FORM.